Saturday 19 May 2007

Roman Ruins of Chester

I decided the other day to have a walk around Chester and visit all the places I never usually bother to go,I am interested in the history of Chester and there are many really interesting relics from the past that you can find without too much effort.I must admit however that most of the historical sites in Chester tend to pass me by as living here you tend to take it all for granted.So for once I thought I would have a look from a tourist point of view and take a few pictures on the way.These Roman stones can be found in the Roman Garden situated between the Ampitheatre and the City Walls.







These are just a few of the Roman artifacts that can be found all around Chester and I wonder whether anything we make today will still be around in 2000 years,somehow I don`t think so !!

No comments: